After a little grinding work with the Dremel tool to allow the handle full movement to the rear it works as advertised and I’m very pleased with your product. Gil in Sun City Az.
Forward Charging System (FCS)
This package contains everything necessary to convert a standard Kalashnikov variant rifle into one with a non- reciprocating forward charging system. This item replaces the original gas tube with a new one that contains a new charging handle and slide. The new charging handle protrudes from the left side directly over the forearm of the rifle for easier and less troublesome charging. The new charging handle also contains a bolt lock allowing the operator to lock the chamber open and clear/charge a round with a small force downward on the handle utilizing the recoil spring. All hardware is included. No gun smithing required.
We make it easy for the operator; installation takes minutes and does not require a gun smith. This part was made to outlast the firearm. We guarantee you will decrease your loading time. The key is giving the operator a charging handle in a natural location (on the forearm) decreasing the amount of hand manipulation.
- Non-reciprocating handle.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Modernizes your AK-47 rifle with true forward charging and bolt hold open capabilities.
- Compatible with most lower handguards.
- Trouble free installation, no gun-smithing required.
- Easy to use bolt lock, locks the chamber open for safety.
- Quickly chambers a round from the locked open position.
- Allows for faster reloading due to less hand manipulation.
- Easier function for a right handed operator.
- Quicker cooling.
- Unproblematic reloading when firing from the prone position and or around barriers.
- Unlike other left sided charging systems, with the Forward Charging system, you can use your left side optics rail and it does not open up your critical trigger components.
- The operator no longer loses sight picture or situational awareness while loading.
- Easier to clear miss feeds or jams.
- Built to outlast the life of the firearm, milled from solid 4140 chromium-molybdenum alloy steel.
- Built from the finest metals and long lasting black finish.
- Self cleaning design allows dirt and debris to easily exit the gas tube.
- If the original left side charging handle is removed: the safety can be engaged when chambering a round, and it would eliminate all exterior moving parts.
*Saiga rifles cannot have the original hand guard installed. Other AK-47 firearms can use standard lower handguards.
Here is a good video about the FCS made by Parabellum Armament:
Well made product. Machining and fitment are great out of the box, and easy to install. My only complaint is the charging handle itself, it feels a bit flimsy and small. Overall a good product.
This product is great I love the ability of the bold hold open! Very creative, I wonder what other attachment will end up along side this.